A Moody Forest Path
The Studio Paint Bar
A Moody Forest Path
October has gotten us in some mood. And we love a good moody scene. This one is guaranteed to bring in the spookiness of a Halloween forest but with an attractive colour palette that would look good on your walls all year round.
This painting is painted by Amanda Shotton, an artist who is gaining fast recognition in our community for her body of work. She paints landscapes inspired from areas close to home, as well as characters and commissions for her clients. She excels at sky studies and water and waves - her paintings seem to capture light and movement so expertly, you can almost hear the water and the wind at play in her work.
Come and learn some techniques and tips from this expert artist and paint this Studio Favourite from her portfolio of work.
You will learn:
- Amanda’s tips and tricks for planning out paintings
- how to mix colours and make them work together in layers
- how to draw detailed trees and plan their placement to create the right mood.
You will walk away with:
- a beautiful canvas painted in Amanda Shotton’s signature style with your artistic touch
- new friends who have gone through the artistic journey with you
- a huge smile on your face because you’ve impressed not only others, but yourself with your hidden talents
Included in the $65 Ticket Price:
- 2 hr Painting Tutorial on a 16X20” canvas
- All painting supplies needed for use in studio
- 3 appetizers that will be perfectly paired to go with our wine list. Please email us for any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Please arrive 30 min prior to the event to check in, get comfortable and enjoy a drink. As this is a special technique workshop, the class will start on time to accommodate the full sessions worth of work. Please be sure to arrive on time.
Come and be inspired in our Art Bar.
We have a beautiful, fully stocked and licensed wine bar, a sweet lounge to hang out in before and after your paint party and our wines have been carefully chosen and curated to pique your interest.
We also carry a selection of craft beers, juices and non-alcoholic beverages if wine is not your thing.